cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to load UserApp (sfb file) using TeraTerm or Minicom. The terminal is always stuck at the first block transfer.

Pmare.11
Associate

Hello, I a new with NUCLEO STM32H753ZI and trying the SBSFU examples (1 and 2 images). I can flash and launch the SBSFU but I can't load any user application (userapp.sfb)

I use STM32 tools, either using Linux or Windows with the same result :

• I connect with a VCP using Teraterm (on Windows) or Minicom on Linux) with YMODEM protocol,
  • The terminal display the SBSFU sequence, which is good and terminates by waiting for a user appli to be downloaded
  • I Send the UserApp.sfb with (File->Transfer->Ymodem)
  • AND the load remains stopped at the first block ....

I have followed the guides given in the examples documentation (from readme files into project SBSFU V2.4.0), I have applied :

• The security configuration (Option Bytes set to Default "No Security")
  • Serial configuration seems also OK
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello,

There is a MINICOM flag in the SBSFU code as well as in the user application code in the 2 images setup.

If you don't activate if (which is the default setting) and run on windows, there should be no issue.

On Linux I could see it failing even with MINICOM flag set on some distribution.

So, I recommend fist testing on Windows if possible.

I could check with TeraTerm and extraputty without issue.

So, could you please check again starting with a clean project (from zip file) ?

Best regards

Jocelyn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello,

There is a MINICOM flag in the SBSFU code as well as in the user application code in the 2 images setup.

If you don't activate if (which is the default setting) and run on windows, there should be no issue.

On Linux I could see it failing even with MINICOM flag set on some distribution.

So, I recommend fist testing on Windows if possible.

I could check with TeraTerm and extraputty without issue.

So, could you please check again starting with a clean project (from zip file) ?

Best regards

Jocelyn

Pmare.11
Associate

Thank you for your reply Richard. I followed your advice and now is works fine. I think I had a problem in the option bytes settings that prevented the correct loading finally.

Best regards

Pascal