cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get USB-DFU working on STM32H743IIT6

CLeo.1
Senior II

Hi guys!

I am trying to flash code via the USB-DFU but every time I tied BOOT0 to GND and connect a MicroUSB from the STM32 chip to the computer it does not detect it at all.

I have no idea what's going on here?

I am assuming its because I dont have VDD33USB Connected ? Otherwise I am out of ideas. I installed all needed drivers and what not.

Any info would be helpful as this is my first time trying to use the bootloader of the STM32.

Here's the schematic of the STM32 and what pins I used.

0693W000008xWOeQAM.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Yes, in your case VD33USB is required as stated in the datasheet, table 24:

VDD33USB - Standard operating voltage, USB domain

USB used: min 3.0V, max 3.6V

USB not used: min 0 max 3.6V

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Yes, in your case VD33USB is required as stated in the datasheet, table 24:

VDD33USB - Standard operating voltage, USB domain

USB used: min 3.0V, max 3.6V

USB not used: min 0 max 3.6V

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for the response, perfect it's what I expected then. Ill keep you updated as everything is already soldered. Gonna need to order magnetic wire to hotfix it.

Alright tried it, computer doesnt recognize anything.

PMath.4
Senior III

Looking at your schematic you don't seem to have VDDA connected - should be tied to VCC or powered through a filter

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

@CLeo.1​,

when your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best for the appropriate answer. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thanks

/Peter