cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE (project importer) 1.6.0 Works well?

BLUEnLIVE
Associate II

Hello.

I upgraded STM32CubeIDE from 1.5.0 to 1.6.0.

But, in my environment, STM32CubeIDE (project importer).exe doesn't work well.

As a work-around, I executed same program of 1.5.0 and it works well.

Does it work in other (language) environment?

- Version: 20H2

- OS Build: 19042.867

Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Indeed!

You discovered a regression introduced in 1.6.0. Spaces are no more supported in the project path. I entered a new ticket for this.

As a workaround waiting for next releases, you can simply rename the parent folder "RTU_ver1.95RB4 64K" to "RTU_ver1.95RB4_64K".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Julien D
ST Employee

There were actually some improvements in the STM32CubeIDE Project Importer area introduced since 1.6.0 which could explain this.

Could you share any reported error message or log allowing to guide a bit the analysis?

In addition, please share the special log file for this sub-application located in %TEMP%/STM32CubeIDE (project importer).log

BLUEnLIVE
Associate II

Thank you for reply.

Attatched file contains log file and project files.

Those project files can be successfully imported with 1.5.0.

Best Regards.

Indeed!

You discovered a regression introduced in 1.6.0. Spaces are no more supported in the project path. I entered a new ticket for this.

As a workaround waiting for next releases, you can simply rename the parent folder "RTU_ver1.95RB4 64K" to "RTU_ver1.95RB4_64K".

Great! Thank you!

I applied the workaround. It works!

SBenn.2
Associate II

I had the same problem, spent hours reinstalling before seeing this thread; removing spaces from the project path enabled auto-start of CubeIDE following a CubeMX generate code operation.