cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F072RBT and others is No Stock Available

ДБулг.1
Associate

We cannot purchase microcontrollers. No distributors. Nowhere. When will the problem be solved?

12 REPLIES 12
Ozone
Lead

You will not get a satisfying answer on a public forum.

Approach a ST salesman or an official distributor.

Other vendors have the same problem, not only in the electronics/MCU business.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Some official lead time estimator is still appreciated...

Probably hard to tell for sure given the back order​s for people who have already put down markers. Guessing 35 weeks if orders are being taken.

I​f I were ST I'd slash the available SKUs and focus on the top end parts the die can yield

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ДБулг.1
Associate

Gentlemen. This is a catastrophe. We're in a panic. We use several models of STM32 microcontrollers (030, 051, 072) in our products. And we can't buy everything. Replacement for other models or packaging this time. It alsow non stock. Moving to Texas and Microchip takes even longer.

What does this mean? Somebody grabs all more or less capable chips to mine crypto coin?

RMain.1
Associate II

Not just the ST MCUs either. I need to replace an accelerometer in an existing design, since the one I was using is A) out of stock (worldwide), B) EOL as of 2021.12.01, and C) manufacturer is quoting 40 wk lead time.

I was happy to find the STMicro LIS2xxx family, especially with the IIS2DH variant that targets industrial electronic designs, so comes with a 10-year supply guarantee.

Current stock: 5, in Europe. Period.

What good is a 10-year supply guarantee if you let your distribution run out of stock, YOU don't maintain stock, AND you quote 34 week leadtime?

That doesn't sound like a commitment to 'availability' to me!

It means I'd take an H7 die and sell it in the $18 part configuration all day long not the $8 one at the low end value-line configuration.

People paying more attention and planners doing their jobs have already got orders on the books, along with any hedge-fund/arbitrage players who watched the supply drying up. Those placing large orders today are going to be tied to non-refundable/non-returnable contracts.

A lot of the fab capacity has been bought up by China to build chips they want.

The entire semi-conductor market went built-to-order decades ago, there isn't this notional Indiana Jones warehouse of current ICs and ET game cartridges.

12-weeks is the normal fab time at capacity, below capacity speculative product can be made on high profit/high sell-thru parts, stuff the sales people can put on distributors shelves. We are now well beyond fab capacity, and so you have to take your bread-line serving-now ticket and wait for everyone whos waiting ahead of you. It's like buying a Ferrari when you're in a bull-market.

Large customers place orders directly, have planners that schedule orders, and the old-school distributors are a shell of what they used to be.

Another reason the shelves are empty is that anyone doing parts arbitrage has bought all visible stock to sell and broker to those with deep enough pockets and penalty clauses on their deliverables.