cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a cheat sheet to tell me what the date code is and what it stands for?

BXion.1
Associate II

part#: STM32F030K6T6

7 REPLIES 7
Ozone
Lead

Usually in the datasheet, one of the very last sections, usually called "package information".

Like e.g. page 84 here: https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32f030rc.pdf

BXion.1
Associate II

Yes, that points the date code area but it does not translate what year or week it is? In this device, looks like date code is 114. there should be a cheat sheet show show 1 is what year and 14 is what week? Are you able to provide info? Also, what is "10" before the date code?

Here the datecode is 101 - year 2011 or 2021 (probably 2021 as the 'F0 were introduced in 2012, AFAIK) and week 1 which is simply the number of week in given year.

I don't know what is 14 or the other fields.

JW

BXion.1
Associate II

i guess I was reading it wrong. I was reading from the back when compared to layout of datasheet. If it was introduce in 2012 than date code can't be 2011? I would need a doc showing the translation of the year and week to confirm this. By the label...it must be first week of 2021. This seal date is jan 11, 2021. Do you guys do it like this...seal date is date code? Is this ST Micro standard protocal?

Please note that this is a user-driven forum with only casual ST presence. Neither I nor Ozone are ST.

The layout of marking is unfortunately dependent on the packaging site, there are several of them and the layouts are different. I don't know of any public document dealing with the details of marking.

JW

Viktor POHORELY
ST Employee

Although the query is a bit old, here an explanation :

Device has been finished (assembled & finally tested) in year 2021, week 01. Not surprisingly shipped almost fresh from out, as there is a shortage of all semiconductor parts worldwide.

Up to date explanation how to read date code is here :

https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32g030c6.pdf

This product is in production from 2013, therefore year simply can't be 2011. As the package marking has changed from the introduction of this product, I'll ask to refresh marking examples to be up to date - as minor change, it would not be immediate change, but will be reflected with next regular update.

Wek: Characters not described in the DS are our internal traceability marks for more precise identification - lot umbers, manufacturing site, assembly site... I do not have in mind right now exact meaning of all those numbers, therefore I could disclose only meaning of CHN as assembly site country - could be MYS for Malaysia, etc.

Wafer / Diffusion Codes

- "VQ" for ST Crolles CRL300 (France)

- "VG" for ST Rousset 8" (France)

- "9R" for TSMC Fab14 (Taiwan)

- "98" for TSMC Taiwan Wafer Fab 8

- "9U" for TSMC USA Wafer Fab 11

- "93" for TSMC Taiwan Wafer Fab 3

- "9C" for TSMC Singapore Wafer Fab SSMC

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..