cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in Read out protection.

Roshan
Associate III

Hi all,

I'm working in a project (with STM32L476) in which i am building my own bootloader to perform secure boot and firmware upgrade.

I have some doubt regarding this matter. is there any resources available for secure the HEX file (encrypt and decrypt). if yes could help me out to find them. is there any please can you help me to find. Since i am newbie to the bootloader and firmware security. your response will be massive for me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Roshan​ to the community!

For Secure Boot you should have a look at the information on X-CUBE-SBSFU.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Roshan​ to the community!

For Secure Boot you should have a look at the information on X-CUBE-SBSFU.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

Thank you @Peter BENSCH​ 

I'll look into it.

@Peter BENSCH​  could you please tell me that, is this x-cube-sbsfu also work in SPI protocol or this works only in the UART? (Only UART is mentioned in the documentation). I searched everywhere I couldn't find a solution for the above matter.

Thank you.

X-CUBE-SBSFU supports UART only as mentioned in UM2262:

The Secure Firmware Update application receives the firmware image via a UART interface with the Ymodem protocol, checks its authenticity, and checks the integrity of the code before installing it.

Regards

/Peter