cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently, I am using STM32F417IG with a 3.3V supply. If I want to use a microcontroller with a 1.8V supply to avoid level translators in the new design. Is there anything I should consider if I change the supply voltage to 1.8V from 3.3V?

AShah.4
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Yes, there are impacts when work on 1.8v

Increased flash wait states, reduced ADC sampling rates, reduced max clock output frequency on I/O pins, reduced max voltage for five volt tolerant pins and others .

Suggest to read carefully the Datasheet before decide to reduce the voltage.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello

Yes, there are impacts when work on 1.8v

Increased flash wait states, reduced ADC sampling rates, reduced max clock output frequency on I/O pins, reduced max voltage for five volt tolerant pins and others .

Suggest to read carefully the Datasheet before decide to reduce the voltage.

Thank you for your reply.

Hello Vangelis Fortounas,

I am trying to validate digital interfaces like SPI, I2C with STM32 VDD: 1.8V. But I am facing an issue with STM JTAG as it is working @3.3V.

Even I tried with Level translator but not able to make it work. Which STM JTAG you used while working with VDD: 1.8V?

Thank you,

Abhi

The authentic ST-LINK/V2 pods are supposed to work down to 1.65V, with VTarget provided to it's buffers via Pin 1 or 2 of the standard 20-pin header. https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/st-link-v2.html

Consider if the L4+ parts are more appropriate for a redesign, the whole GPIOG bank can be powered from its own VDDIO supply

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello

STLINK-V3SET with B-STLINK-ISOL board is also capable to work with stm32 targets working down to 1.65V.