cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use TouchGFX's 8-bit color depth mode on the STM32L4P5,will occur hardfault, but using 16-bit color depth will be normal,how to use TouchGFX's 8-bit color depth mode without hardfault?

zhuij.1
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Could you give more detail on your setup ? Are you working on a custom board or on the STM32L4P5 disco board ? Did you start your project from the application template available in Designer for this development kit or use it as source of inspiration for your configuration ? This application template uses the 8-bit color depth without hardfault, could you give a screenshot of the error / of the log if possible.

/Romain

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

I actually found an issue but I do not believe it is the same one as you. I will still explain it in case you face it later:

When I use the application template for the L4P5 disco board available in Designer, and open the generated ioc file with CubeMX 6.2 I face compilation errors. This is due to the latest fw package v1.17.0 causing issues we are currently investigating. We recommend to not "migrate" the project for now and keep using the FW package v1.16.0

/Romain

we are working on a custom LCD with the STM32L4P5 nucleo board,and use cubeMX to create touchgfx project.under 8-bit color depth mode ,when call the function of "touchgfxSignalVSync()",will into HardFault_Handler("touchgfxDisplayDriverTransmitBlock" don't call LCD driver routine).

cubeMX version:6.2.0

L4 packect version:1.17.0

touchgfx:4.16.1

Could you try with the L4 FW package version 1.16 ?

/Romain