cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Steval-MKSBOX1V1- Can you explain the Procedure to upload the program into the board?

ShivaRagu
Senior

I have generated the binary file through StmCube32 IDE for audio recognition.

Am not able to do the program in Steval-MKSBOX1V1 kit. How to do the Programming using USB?

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ShivaRagu​ ,

If you did not already try with it, you can find HERE a step-by-step explanation on how to do it.

In addition, here there is a video tutorial too.

You can upload one of the available files in FP-SNS-STBOX1, or you can use the (last) factory firmware that you can find in attachment to this comment.

Please let me know if you face some issue.

-Eleon

HI, I have done all these Procedure which you have mentioned. After downloading my .bin file, the device is not getting detected. To recover, again i have to follow your steps, so am doing this back to back to recover & to upload my .bin file.

Is there any procedure where I can give exact details for Pinout configuration & clock configuration while working with stm32cubemx for the sensor tile box.

Also in Stm32cubemx, there is no option to select Cortex M4 in system core. In pinout configuration also, while selecting USART2, i dont have option for "USART2_BLE-RX_uC-TX & USART2_BLE-RX_uC-RX" to select.

Hi @ShivaRagu​ ,

I'm not sure to have understood your point...

Once you have uploaded the .bin file via USB in DFU mode, you need no more further uploads (just unplug and plug the battery, in case of issues). Then plug again the USB cable and you should see the battery charging with the red led blinking.

The STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 hardware configuration is available on STM32CubeMX in the example board section, as you can see from the picture below:

0693W000008x1H3QAI.pngIf you need to merge the CubeMX with the schematic of the SensorTile.box for your project, I suggest you to check it HERE.

-Eleon

hi, Eleon

thank you for the reply.

Am doing a small project for word detection Using Steval-Mksbox1v1.

After I create my .h5 file, then I have to create the MCU code in CubeMX. In that i have to enable certain configurations like Pinout & clock.

For this Particular kit(Steval-Mksbox1v1) as per schematic diagram, its PD5 & PD6 where in CubeMx it shows only USART_TX & USART_RX.

But in schematic diagram its mentioned "USART2_BLE-RX_uC-TX & USART2_BLE-RX_uC-RX" for PD5 & PD6 respectively. I have attached the screenshot for the same.

I just want to know whether this is the procedure I have to follow or any other is there for the clock configuration. Because i couldn't get the proper datasheets for the Pro mode.

Also I have attached screenshot to select the "System Core", "Computing" & "middleware" options. Can you confirm whether these configurations are correct for thisSteval-Mksbox1V1.

I hope you can Understand.

Regards,

shankari

Hi Shankari,

in case of "nomenclature conflict" of the pins, the schematic is the reference. However, I believe there is no conflict here, since the USART2 of the CubeMX is actually the USART communication with the BLE module. The USART on the STLINK side is on PA8 (USART1_uC-TX_STLINK-RX) and PA9 (USART1_uC-RX_STLINK-TX), simply denoted as USART1 on the CubeMX.

But the hardware connections on the STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 are there.

About the other configurations, I see you attached only one picture... if this is the one I should refer to, you have to select the alternate functions of the pins according to the schematic. Otherwise, you can start from the existing examples in the FP-SNS-STBOX1 function pack.

-Eleon