Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting core affinity or switching between cores in STM32H757

CMatad
Associate II

Hello Team ,

Setting core affinity or switching between cores in STM32H757,

We are in early phase of design and looking to go with STM32H757XI ,

We are still not sure which thread to be run on which core ( M4 or M7)

We are looking to use keil rtx5 CMSIS RTOS V2 api .

Can you please suggest some documents which would help us to analyze it better

Reards

Chetan.M

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @CMatad​ ,

Have a look to the AN5557 "STM32H745/755 and STM32H747/757 lines dual-core architecture", which provides an overview of the MCUs dual-core architecture, as well as of their memory interfaces and features.

I recommend the following resources that give you help on the debug of your applications which run on the STM32H7x5/x7 microcontrollers using the software Toolchains: EWARM, MDK-ARM and SW4STM32 :

• AN5286 STM32H7x5/x7 dual-core microcontroller debugging 
  • AN5361 Getting started with projects based on dual-core STM32H7 microcontrollers in STM32CubeIDE

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it helped 😊.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

The cores are not symmetrical or interchangeable. The M4 is best for handling peripheral to which it is most tightly coupled. You should be weighting decisions based on the block diagram and bus matrix so as to limit and contain traffic locally to maximize efficiency. ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Fix dyslexic title, using H757​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Tesla DeLorean ,

I understand the cores are not symmetrical , but the application i have can be run on both m4 and m7 accessing the same peripherals,

So was looking for some sample app or some example code for assigning the tasks to the core

Regards

Chetan.M