cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX reports "Try to load a project generated with a more recent version of MXCube"

sm23
Associate II

As a long time bare metal and STM32 Std Library user, I am trying to brush up my skills to use the HAL interface (and other things). Using STM32CubeMX V6.2.0, from the New Project from Example form, I double clicked on the example UART_ReceptionToIdle_CircularDMA and it downloaded a project. When I try to open the example it just gives the message "Try to load a project generated with a more recent version of MXCube". This happens with some other USART examples, for example UART_Console.

My main interest in this is to see what source code it generates, specifically for using a circular DMA USART buffer, so the ability to load the actual project is not important.

Maybe I am missing something about the concepts behind STM32CubeMX, but the Example Selector for most examples seems to not find or be able to load some needed software e.g. "STM32Cube FW_F4 V1.26.0 NOT FOUND, Do you want to check for updates?" Clicking Yes just brings up a dialog that is only on the screen for a second or so (too fast to read), following which, the example still is not available.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hi again @sm23​ 

According to the image shared, the 6.2.0 CubeMX version is not installed in your machine (or maybe an error has happened during the upgrade), and these 4 examples requires the latest CubeMX version and consequently the latest CubeFW version for the G4 and L5 projects, and that's explain the NOT FOUND message error that you have faced :

0693W000008wx1QQAQ.pngPlease follow steps below to solve your problem:

*/Uninstall your current CubeMX version

**/Install the latest CubeMX version from site

***/Open Example Selector ( you will not find the download icon beside the 6.2.0 version this time)

In case when the FW version is not present, it will be automatically installed when you start your project. (If you still face a problem please attache your .log file under C:\Users\login\.stm32cubemx)

Hope my answer helped you, when your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thanks for your contribution, Khouloud

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @sm23​ 

Thank you for your feedback, as I understood you have faced a problem with F4 example (STM32Cube FW_F4 V1.26.0 NOT FOUND) right?

As there's no UART_ReceptionToIdle_CircularDMA example with CubeMX compatibility for F4 serie, could you give me more details such as the serie concerned which you have faced the problem with and provide me steps please ?

Thanks, Khouloud

sm23
Associate II

Hi Khouloud

From the main window of STM32CubeMX select "Start Project from Example". From "Example Selector" screen Enter keyword UART/USART. In the list of examples I get these 8 possible CircularDMA examples as shown below.

0693W000008wv9mQAA.jpg 

I am going to select #7 because that saysSTMCUbeMX Version 6.2.0. So that is P-Nucleo-WB55-Nucleo.

Then I get this dialog

0693W000008wvCMQAY.jpg 

Then I click okay and it seems to download some files, then it takes me back to the STM32CubeMX main page and displys this message:

0693W000008wvD5QAI.jpg 

I think I have tried most or all of these CircularDMA examples with either this result, or the other problem I described, which is that from the first dialog above, it seems to download something but the dialog is on the screen such a short time I can't read it, and then it just goes back to the home screen. And this is true of so many of the examples.

Thanks in advance (I am working on Atlantic time) Simon Morrison

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hi again @sm23​ 

According to the image shared, the 6.2.0 CubeMX version is not installed in your machine (or maybe an error has happened during the upgrade), and these 4 examples requires the latest CubeMX version and consequently the latest CubeFW version for the G4 and L5 projects, and that's explain the NOT FOUND message error that you have faced :

0693W000008wx1QQAQ.pngPlease follow steps below to solve your problem:

*/Uninstall your current CubeMX version

**/Install the latest CubeMX version from site

***/Open Example Selector ( you will not find the download icon beside the 6.2.0 version this time)

In case when the FW version is not present, it will be automatically installed when you start your project. (If you still face a problem please attache your .log file under C:\Users\login\.stm32cubemx)

Hope my answer helped you, when your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thanks for your contribution, Khouloud

sm23
Associate II

Hi Khouloud

Thank you for your reply.

I had not understood the need to completely replace the installed version of the program. As I am trying to work on actual projects using the processors that I do have and take inspiration from small snippets of code showing a particular technique, rather than actually run them as I don't have the hardware, this is not going to work for me.

I had expected something more along the lines of the examples available for the Standard Peripheral Library which can just be downloaded by my IAR IDE. The problem with the HAL-style examples available through the IAR IDE is that they use HAL but not STM32Cube and don't structure the projects the same way.

Oh well.