cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer (2.7.0) cannot be installed on M1 chip Mac

CROSSROAD
Associate

STM32CubeProgrammer (2.7.0) cannot be installed on M1 chip Mac (Big Sur 11.2.3) and is ignored. Is it not supported yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @陽一 竹脇​ and welcome to the STM32 Community 🙂

As mentionned in the STM32CubeProgrammer release v2.7.0 :

"On some macOS® machines, the STM32CubeProgrammer GUI fails to launch (must be launched in CLI mode)"

I advise you to install the STM32CubeProgrammer tool in CLI mode using the command:

./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammerx.y.z.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-x_y_z_macos.

I added the right topic "STM32CubeProgrammer" to your question in order to be reviewed by our STM32CubeProgrammer experts (@Houda GHABRI​ that can help you and provide more details.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
CROSSROAD
Associate

Yesterday I finally arrived at the user manual and was able to install it normally. I asked because it was possible on Windows and I couldn't do it the same way. I didn't think I needed to work with the CLI. I'm new to Mac, so I'm still confused about the operation.

I'm just using the Arduino IDE, but I get an error when writing the most important sketch to the board.

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/ Users / macy / Documents / Arduino / hardware / STM32GENERIC-master / tools / macosx / stm32CubeProg": error = 2, No such file or directory

I would like to ask this question another question.

Thank you for your answer this time.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @陽一 竹脇​ 

If I well understand you are able to run CubeProgrammer using CLI, am I correct?

If yes , Installing using GUI is sometimes blocked by MAC, it is known limitation.

For the second question it seems to be hardware issue, I'm not familiar with Arduino but for sure the path to CubeProgrammer is wrong.

Hope this helps you.

Houda