cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to let two microcontrollers communicate through the QuadSPI (Q-SPI) interface? Obviously both of them support QSPI.

dbicego
Associate II

If I try to configure the interface from the CubeMX tool, it seems that it is possible to communicate only with flash memories.

I have a lot of data that I need to transfer from a uC to another on the same PCB and a single SPI is too slow. Are there other possibilities?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Javier1
Principal

I leave a comment because im also interested to know.

Maybe cubeMx only supports autogeneration of the master QuadSPI and you need the slave also?

How much(fast) is a lot of data?

Of course it dependes from the application, but for now I am talking about 3KBytes of data.

Source uC acquires them continuosly every few milliseconds, it validates them and then transfer the whole block to destination uC.

My concern is to tranfer the data as fast as I can in order to leave both uCs free to do computations.

Actually it is not mandatory to transfer EVERY single lot of acquisitions, but it could be an option if there are the condition to do it.

So I am evaluating different modes to tranfer data from one uC to another, and QSPI is one of them.