cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect STM3210B-EVAL to MC Workbrench v.2.1.0?

GSido.3
Associate

Hello! I am s student of NSTU. Our faculty (of Mechatronics and Automation) bought a STM3210B-MCKIT two years ago. My supervisor made me to give a life to this kit two weeks ago. So i have next problem:

I have read all kit's documentation. And I have powered all PCBs according to documentation. Kit is ok. I think that everyting is working because i can control the PMSM motor from display. But i want to control it from my PC with MC workbrench. On the CD was only v.2.1.0 of this programm. I have installed it and made the connection between JTAG PCB -> J-Link Lite ARM -> PC. Then I installed the library of PMSM (v,3.0 - v.3.3.). Then I made a single project, pushed the button of monitor panel and tried to connect to the board. I have no active COM-ports. And the Fault is "Open port failed. The port none maybe busy". I am not able to solve this problem cause i am only beginner in the programming and e.t.c.

I will be grateful for any help: advice, instrumentation, training videos, documentation.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GSido.3
Associate

Thanks everyone! Answer is easy: J-LInk Lite V.8 (my case) cannot be uses as COM-port. STM3210B-MCKIT can be connected to the PC with UART. We used an old laptop with win XP on board. MC Workbrench easily connect.

Please close this topic.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GSido.3
Associate

Thanks everyone! Answer is easy: J-LInk Lite V.8 (my case) cannot be uses as COM-port. STM3210B-MCKIT can be connected to the PC with UART. We used an old laptop with win XP on board. MC Workbrench easily connect.

Please close this topic.