cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Multiple definition" when compiling SBSFU v2.4.0 for STM32WB55

crwper
Senior

I've been able to compile previous versions of SBSFU (P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo/Applications/1_Image) without issues, but with this one I've run into two issues:

First, SE code did not fit in SE_ROM_region. I was able to fix this by adjusting the linker map and MPU region definitions.

Second, I get this error when compiling the UserApp project:

c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.1.0\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.9-2020-q2-update.win32_1.5.0.202011040924\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: ../../../../1_Image_SBSFU/SW4STM32/STM32WB55RG_Nucleo_1_Image_SBSFU/Debug\se_interface_app.o: in function `SE_APP_GetActiveFwInfo':
(.SE_IF_Code+0x0): multiple definition of `SE_APP_GetActiveFwInfo'; ../../../../1_Image_SBSFU/SW4STM32/STM32WB55RG_Nucleo_1_Image_SBSFU/Debug\se_interface_app.o:(.SE_IF_Code+0x0): first defined here

If I search the SBSFU projects for "SE_APP_GetActiveFwInfo", I find the definition in se_interface_application.c (in the SBSFU project), the declaration in se_interface_application.c (also in the SBSFU project) and a single call in se_user_code.c (in the UserApp project). It's hard for me to see how there could be multiple definitions here. Any debugging advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello,

this build issue is very probably the same described here:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000cRsLASA0/the-update-to-cubeide-160-cause-a-linker-error-compiling-the-userapp

This is related to latest release 1.6.0 of STM32CubeIDE. The solution is provide in this other post.

Best regards

Jocelyn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello,

this build issue is very probably the same described here:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000cRsLASA0/the-update-to-cubeide-160-cause-a-linker-error-compiling-the-userapp

This is related to latest release 1.6.0 of STM32CubeIDE. The solution is provide in this other post.

Best regards

Jocelyn

crwper
Senior

That did it. Thanks again!

Amin.TAYEBI
Associate II

Hi

I solved the problem by disconnecting and connecting the stm32-wl55c1 from my PC while pressing Debug botton in Cube-IDE.

Amin TAYEBI