cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify UTEST DCF Client?

Mannhof
Associate II

Hello! I've tried to modify UTEST DCF Client but some questions (below) appeared to me.

1. In RM0349 on the page 260 I see the it's Reset value. How can I read it? UTEST Flash memory with the address 0x00400308 is empty.
  2. At the same table I see "offset" column. Which means this offset? Address in flash or only Address bits of current DCF record?
  3. How can I ensure that my values are successfully loaded in MCU? Which registers should I check? I'm coding via SPC5 Studio and debugging via UDE STK. My MCU is SPC570S40E1.
  4. How can I modify values in this memory? I need reflash new data with the same CSn at next free address UTEST DCF Client, right?

Sorry, I'm new here and maybe I've done something wrong. This is mine post below:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000NBVl1SAH/enabling-lockstep-core-in-spc570s-mcu

Upd:

I've found AN4557. And now I really don't undestand anything in the DCF records. How to make CS field? etc...=(

Thank you,

Nikolay Mannhof

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
5 REPLIES 5
Mannhof
Associate II

Hello,

I remind about this question.

Thank you,

Nikolay Mannhof

MZhar.1
Associate II

Hi Nikolay

I was able to read and write this area using the Multilink Universal + ICDPPCNEXUS eval version bundle.

As in your case, the UTEST DCF records area is empty. Tell me, is your processor starting up? I do not get to main (), init process loops on some checks.

Best regards,

Zharov Maxim

Mannhof
Associate II

Hi Maxim.

Yes, MCU starting up. But only if it clocking from IRC. Try to disable in all RUN modes XOSC start.

Clocking from XOSC isn't starting due to internal loading capacitors. Capacitors's value changeable via DCF UTEST Flash memory area.

Thank you,

Nikolay Mannhof

MZhar.1
Associate II

Hi Nikolay

My result - processor starts with quartz 8 & 16 Mhz without any change of UTEST DCF. Significant factors was 1) tracing of 1.2 V line (general polygon, 0.1 uF+2.2 uF at each pin), and 2) proper peripherial init in programm.

Best regards,

Zharov Maxim

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee