cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure triple FOC for motor control using MCSDK.

wJang.1
Associate II

Hello.

Please give me some advice.

I want to configure IAR project for triple motor control(gimbal) using ST MCSDK.

I have made IAR project for one motor position control using ST MCSDK( STM32F303RE + STSPIN233 + GBM2804-100h + AS5048A pwm encoder) and it works well.

I want to expand from one to three.

So what I thought was as follows.

For FOC motor control of MCSDK, advanced timer is required. the STM32F303RE has two advanced timer(TIM1, TIM8). So if MCU is changed with STM32F303ZE(144 pin), 3 advanced timer(TIM1, TIM8, TIM20) are available.

But it seems that ST MC SDK does not support triple FOC. It seems that only dual FOC is supported.

So, after configure dual FOC motor control IAR project, I'm going to edit MCSDK middleware for 3rd motor. Is this possible? It seems difficult to modify it. Is there any way to solve this problem effectively?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @wJang.1 and welcome to the ST Community.​

since your question is about STM32 MCSDK, I moved your thread  from the topic PMMC to "STM32 Motor Control".

Thank you

Hello @Cristiana SCARAMEL​ 

Can you give me some help?

I am a very beginner about motor control.

As the previous question, I want to control three motors using MCSDK in single chip(STM32F303RE).

The approximate configuration is as follows.

• Three 3-phase bldc motors
  • PWM encoder
  • Single-shunt current sensing
  • Using embedded OPAMP

I found that advanced timer should be used to utilize MCSDK.

It seems that STM32F303ZE have 3 advanced timer(TIM1, TIM8, TIM20)

But when MCU is selected in MC workbench, TIM20 could not be selected for PWM generation.

The MCSDK seems to support up to dual drive.

I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me how to control three motors on one chip.

Thanks.

Hello wJang.1

MCSDK does not support work with PWM encoder. How did you manage to connect PWM encoder?

Thanks.

Hello @MK.1​ 

I modified a TIMx which is assigned to quadrature encoder so that the TIMx could capture PWM.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 SDK). 

Best regards

Laurent Ca...