cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interrupt continuously coming in EXTI interrupt handler after clearing the interrupt .also interrupt is not occurring on both edges . only falling edge triggering is working. Can you give me solution to this problem ?

DJosh.0
Associate II

I am using STM8L152R8 development board. I have configured push button interrupt on Pin no. PG6. i required both edges interrupt . but interrupt is occurring on falling edge only .

Can you give any suggestion to this problem.?

can you suggest me any logic to trigger the interrupt on both edges though it is only occurring on falling ?

12 REPLIES 12
WilkoL
Senior

I experienced the same problem. The problem lies in having (global) interrupts enabled before setting EXTI_SetPinSensitivity. The next example does work with me:

static void EXTI_config(void)
{
	GPIO_Init(GPIOE, GPIO_Pin_6, GPIO_Mode_In_PU_IT);

disableInterrupts();
	EXTI_DeInit();
	EXTI_ClearITPendingBit(EXTI_IT_Pin6);				//to be absolutely sure
	EXTI_SetPinSensitivity(EXTI_Pin_6, EXTI_Trigger_Rising_Falling);
	enableInterrupts();
}

And the interrupt routine:

INTERRUPT_HANDLER(EXTI6_IRQHandler,14)
{
	if (EXTI_GetITStatus(EXTI_IT_Pin6))
	{
		EXTI_ClearITPendingBit(EXTI_IT_Pin6);
		exti_signal = 1;
	}
}

DJosh.0
Associate II

thank you .

I will try it

thanks and regards

deoyani

DJosh.0
Associate II

Hello ,

I have tried the solution you have given me. It didn't work for me . continuous interrupt is coming.

Do you have any another solution .

I want to count how much time button is pressed ,using interrupt.

Please suggest me any solution.

thanks and regards

Deoyani

WilkoL
Senior

Hi Deoyani,

I can only guess, as I do not have the code but here are some suggestions. I assume your signal is connected to PG6 only.

Do you use EXTI on PIN-6 or on PORT-G? If I understand it correctly, when you use EXTI on PORT-G, any signal on any PIN of PORTG it will trigger an EXTI.

Do you have any other PIN6 (PA6, PB6... etc) in use? When you have a signal on, for instance PB6, it will also trigger an EXTI.

Wilko

DJosh.0
Associate II

Hello,

I have connected push button to PD6 and i have used EXTIpin6 handler .

Even if I have not touched to the button, interrupt is coming continuously.

I have configured the pin according to the post on st community . I am sending you the screenshot, please find the attachment.

I want both edges interrupt rising/falling . When i pressed the button i should get the count how much time i have pressed the button .

I want to enable the timer when interrupt occurs on falling edge and count should increase. and after releasing the button I should get count.

WilkoL
Senior

Hi Deoyani,

Next time you may want to use the "code-snippet" </> to show your code 😀

I have typed what I think you are doing into Notepad++. So here is what I think you are doing in main.

That looks okay to me although I think that the while loop will not do much, temp will perhaps be incremented once or twice. It looks like it was part of a timeout.

disableInterrupts();			                                      //temporarily disable interrupts
GPIO_Init(GPIOE, GPIO_Pin_6, GPIO_Mode_In_FL_IT);		//PE6 input, floating, interrupt
EXTI_SetPinSensitivity(EXTI_Pin_6, EXTI_Trigger_Rising_Falling);			//EXTI6 on any edge

while (EXTI_GetPinSensitivity(EXTI_Pin_6) != EXTI_Trigger_Rising_Falling)
{					//you just set EXTI_Pin_6 to EXTI_Trigger_Rising_Falling
temp++;				//so this will not do much
}
enableInterrupts();	//re-enable interrupts

And here is how I think your interrupt routine is made.

It seems that you clear the interrupt status and after that in the while loop you are checking if it is set!?

It probably will not be, at least not for very long.

@far @interrupt void EXTI6_IRQHandler(void)	//unknown (for me) way of handling interrupts
{
	uint16_t temp = 0;	//not static so at every interrupt set to 0

EXTI_ClearITPendingBit(EXTI_IT_Pin6);		//okay, clear interrupt status
	while (EXTI_GetITStatus(EXTI_IT_Pin6) != RESET)	//but, but, but, you just cleared it!
	{
		temp++;
	}
}

What happens when you make the interrupt routine lke this.

And in main do something when exti_signal == 1 (don't forget to set it to 0 again)

@far @interrupt void EXTI6_IRQHandler(void)
{
	if (EXTI_GetITStatus(EXTI_IT_Pin6) != RESET)
	{
		EXTI_ClearITPendingBit(EXTI_IT_Pin6);
		exti_signal = 1;
	}
}

Something else... what have you done with all unused GPIO? Don't leave them floating, set them to input with a pull up. If I do not do that, often weird things happen.

DJosh.0
Associate II

Hello,

thank you for suggestion

I have implemented what you have sent to me.now its working good

thanks and regards

Deoyani

WilkoL
Senior

Good to hear, but what exactly made the change?

DJosh.0
Associate II

Hello,

main changes on hardware side .

and GPIO_Init(GPIOE, GPIO_Pin_6, GPIO_Mode_In_PU_IT); // I made it pull up not floating , this also the mistake .

thank you for your support

thanks and regards

Deoyani