cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L151xE and drive lcd

Sbagh.2
Associate

I have used STM32L151xE in a board and drove a glass LCD with it and it works without any problem. But in its datasheet, in two sections, it is mentioned that, STM32L151xE is not support LCD and just STM32L152xE can support it.

Is there any explanation for this?

I am sure that the IC is original.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Sbagh.2​ ,

The STM32L151xxx devices don’t support the LCD controller.

This is valid for all STM32L1 devices: LCD is supported only in STM32L152xxx.

For example:

0693W000008wYc7QAE.jpg 

In fact, the LCD controller is physically present also in STM32L151xxx devices, but for marketing reasons we differentiate the STM32L1 family to 2 groups: with LCD (STM32L152) and without LCD.

If you are using the LCD on STM32L151xxx devices, then ST do not guarantee the functionality of the LCD controller.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Sbagh.2​,

Welcome to the STM32 Community 🙂

I am checking this and I will come back to you with update.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Sbagh.2​ ,

The STM32L151xxx devices don’t support the LCD controller.

This is valid for all STM32L1 devices: LCD is supported only in STM32L152xxx.

For example:

0693W000008wYc7QAE.jpg 

In fact, the LCD controller is physically present also in STM32L151xxx devices, but for marketing reasons we differentiate the STM32L1 family to 2 groups: with LCD (STM32L152) and without LCD.

If you are using the LCD on STM32L151xxx devices, then ST do not guarantee the functionality of the LCD controller.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question.

Imen

Thanks
Imen