cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 cannot receive correct iBeacon Data

JChea.1
Associate II

I am having X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 act as a mesh proxy node using firmware STM32CubeExpansion_BLEMESH1_V2.1.2 (X-CUBE_BLEMESH1) . I wish to retrieve an iBeacon Advertising Data Packet from my Social Distancing Device/tag ( non mesh node - Keep beaconing data only)

In the blemesh firmware,

I am using this function in appli_mesh.c

void BluenrgMesh_CustomBeaconReceivedCallback(const MOBLEUINT8* bdAddr,

const MOBLEUINT8* data,

MOBLEUINT8 length,

MOBLEINT8 rssi).

Below is the iBeacon advertising Packet data that is generated from the Social Device SDK firmware.

This is the result I get from the "BluenrgMesh_CustomBeaconReceivedCallback" function. which is not what I want.

Which firmware function to use so that I can retrieve the data correctly?

5 REPLIES 5
KTIWA
Associate II

Hi ,

Couple of query from my side,

1. which board is being used for social distancing
  2. Why mesh node is require to retrieve the beacon data, it can be also done using the social distancing sdk as in social distancing SDK . the device works as scanner as well as advertiser . so there is an api in main.c
  3. May you highlight ,What type of result are you expecting?

Thanks

JChea.1
Associate II

Hi Ktiwa,

1) STEVAL-BCN002V1B a.k.a Blue-Tile 

2) Because I need to cover a wide area such as factory, and there are multiple X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 act as locator to send the data through BLE Mesh to the gateway.

3) just a basic tag information

Can a mesh node receive a beacon data?

KTIWA
Associate II

Hi,

BluenrgMesh_CustomBeaconReceivedCallback api is used to retrieve Non mesh beacons .

Since there can be numerous non mesh beacons from nearby , so kindly apply filters to retrieve iBeacon data only in BluenrgMesh_CustomBeaconReceivedCallback api, as done in social distancing sdk

Best Regards

Rahul

JChea.1
Associate II

Hi Rahul,

I need to configure X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 as mesh node because I need to send data to gateway through mesh. meanwhile X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 need to receive beacon data as well.

What would be the function to call to achieve this configuration?

What kind of filter can be apply to retrieve iBeacon data only?

KTIWA
Associate II

For Non mesh beacon, BluenrgMesh_CustomBeaconReceivedCallback will be used. Its need to modified as per the use . One can add filter that only to print those data which are being advertised from social distancing sdk , like as per the log of Social distancing sdk Data[0] == 02 , so accordingly condition can be applied to filter it