cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortage of the STM8L series worldwide?

SLasn.1
Associate II

Hi 🙂

I have been designing a device for the STM8L151, and I hope to start production of the first 1000 units soon. But it seems the stock amounts are getting smaller and smaller?

And I am speaking with my PCBA house who probably have their own suppliers and they also really struggle to get it.

Has ST stopped producing them, or waits till there is 0 in stock worldwide to produce more, am I missing something here?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Cheers

Simon

2 REPLIES 2

Aren't Semi Fabs like Ferrari factories?

ie running continuously and at capacity and first serving known customers with an order on the books​, and the random guy who hasn't placed an order will wait endlessly or purchase from someone with the foresight to plan ahead?

I​ wouldn't expect significant free stock until Q3 as this supply bubble works it's way out.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SLasn.1
Associate II

Thanks for the reply.

I have been googling it and yes it seems that is the way - i.e. if I want to order 1 million then I can contact ST directly - unfortunately this is a brand new product and 1000 is all I can aim at for now :\

But still then how do suppliers like Digikey get any? They must make them kinda regularly I suppose?

What makes you think there will be more in Q3?

Cheers

Simon