cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 EEPROM Emulation Package

DTomi.1
Senior

Greetings,

I'm having trouble loading the EEPROM emulation package into STM32CubeIDE.

I have downloaded the .zip file from https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-eeprom.html and tried to import it in "Embedded Software Packages Manager" but I get a "Problem during load of selected File" as you can see in the picture.

0693W000008wIIGQA2.pngI have tried downloading the file again in another internet browser and loading it but the same problem occurs.

Can someone tell me how to import this library or is there an alternative library for EEPROM emulation on STM32H745IIK6?

BR

Domagoj

5 REPLIES 5
Vertigo
Associate

I have the same problem, Cube Version: 1.6.0

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Please do not confuse X-CUBE-EEPROM with X-CUBE-EEPRMA1.

• X-CUBE-EEPROM: EEPROM emulation
  • X-CUBE-EEPRMA1: software pack for the use of hardware EEPROM of type M24XX (I2C) and M95XX (SPI), which are included e.g. on X-NUCLEO-EEPRMA1 and X-NUCLEO-EEPRMA2

Currently only X-CUBE-EEPRMA1 is compatible with STM32CubeIDE and can be imported using the package manager.

The EEPROM emulation package currently only supports STM32G0, STM32G4, STM32L4, STM32L5, STM32WB & STM32WL.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

TBH some serious introspection is needed before using EEPROM Emulation to continuously write/erase NOR flash arrays. It is both slow, and highly likely to result in product failure, ie end-user observes the product brick itself.

Understand how the underlying FLASH array works, and shift the saving of configuration and long-term data to fit THAT PARADIGM and not cram 8-bit MCU thinking on to a 480 MHz 2021 MCU

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

What about EEPROM_Emulation example in CubeIDE written for STM32H743ZI_Nucleo, can I just copy the necessary files like eeprom.c/eeprom.h into my project for STM32H745IIK6 and use the given methods? I don't need to write much, most of it at first application configuration and then it's mostly only read, so I don't expect any significant wear on the Flash memory.

Is there any EEPROM emulation package for STM32H7 series, or can I just reuse the necessary  .c/.h files from EEPROM_Emulation example in CubeIDE written for STM32H743ZI_Nucleo?