cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When the external interrupt operates, the RTC interrupt breaks and does not enter the RTC interrupt again. Help please.

MKoca.1
Senior

Hello to everyone. I am working on the stm32f429 board. I set up the RTC for every second. In RTC interrupt, I am trying to assign the hour minute second information to the variable and display it on the screen. There is also one more interrupt that I use to extract the data I get from the sensor. When there is information from the sensor, it enters this external interrupt. And when it enters this hack, the RTC breaks down. Never again goes into RTC interrupt. I could not figure out what could be the reason for this. Thank you from now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MKoca.1
Senior

I solved the problem. It is caused by an array in the LoraRxPacket function in the EXTI interrupt. After changing the value of #define, I forgot to update the value in that function. So I think data crush has occurred. RTC interrupt now works after correcting the value. Thank you very much for your valuable answers.

@Community member​  @Community member​ 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MKoca.1
Senior

0693W000008wHU1QAM.jpg0693W000008wHTwQAM.jpg 

The two cut images I mentioned are present in the pictures. When EXTI15_10_IRQHandler enters interrupt, it does not enter RTC_Alarm_IRQHandler interrupt again.

Read out and compare the content of EXTI registers before and after the EXTI handled being called.

JW

MKoca.1
Senior

First of all, thank you for your answer. When it enters EXTI interrupt, the seconds minute hour counters at the RTC interrupt stop and do not continue counting. So the clock stops. Also, it does not enter RTC interrupt.

@Community member​ 

Is there significant dwell time in the EXTI IRQ Handler? Looks to potentially block.

What would you expect to happen if the RTC Alarm isn't advanced sufficiently into the future? ie if you miss the deadline would you expect it to fire perhaps in 23:59 hours/minutes ?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

> the seconds minute hour counters at the RTC interrupt stop and do not continue counting

That may be your perception due to the shadow feature of RTC.

Read out and compare the content of EXTI registers before and after the EXTI handled being called.

JW

MKoca.1
Senior

I solved the problem. It is caused by an array in the LoraRxPacket function in the EXTI interrupt. After changing the value of #define, I forgot to update the value in that function. So I think data crush has occurred. RTC interrupt now works after correcting the value. Thank you very much for your valuable answers.

@Community member​  @Community member​