cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between STM32CubeIDE v.14.0 and v1.6.0?

PByrn.1
Associate

I'm having a bit of trouble getting STM32CubeIDE v.1.6.0 to work... v1.4.0 works well for me, but the new version hangs during debugging at MX_SDIO_SD_Init(); To be clear, it's able to connect to the board, seems to download binary fine, and then enters normal debugging pausing at HAL_Init();

To set the stage, I'm using an STM32F413H-DISCO. Trying a simple project to blink the red and green LEDs works just fine in v1.4.0:

Create a new project for the board, use default initialization, add some code to the infinite loop:

/* Infinite loop */

/* USER CODE BEGIN WHILE */

while (1)

{

/* USER CODE END WHILE */

MX_USB_HOST_Process();

/* USER CODE BEGIN 3 */

HAL_GPIO_TogglePin(GPIOC, GPIO_PIN_5);

HAL_Delay(1000);

HAL_GPIO_TogglePin(GPIOE, GPIO_PIN_3);

}

/* USER CODE END 3 */

Works just fine in v.1.4.0, doesn't in v1.6.0... I'm hoping this is a silly mistake and something I've overlooked. But, I'm new to the development environment (and the board). I'm not entirely sure where to start looking. I found the problem when installing v.1.6.0 in a virtual machine to test a minimal setup to move to our school's lab computers. The debugger couldn't get past the line I quoted at the beginning. I thought maybe it was an issue with using a VM. Just to be sure, I installed v.1.6.0 on my actual computer, and, low and behold, same exact issue. I opened v1.4.0, created a new project in the same way, and it works just fine?

Any thoughts? I could just have ITS install v1.4.0, but that seems silly to me ...

1 REPLY 1
PByrn.1
Associate

Not trying to intentionally violate board etiquette, but I figured I would add that I just created new VM identical to the last one and installed STM32CubeIDE v1.4.0 instead of v1.6.0. The project works just fine. Not sure what the difference between the two versions would be that causes this issue?