cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging the STEVAL-IDB011V1 via CMSIS DAP

DWeie
Associate III

Hey all, We received our evaluation kit in the mail today and I'm trying to get some "Hello World" projects running. I'm using IAR 8.50.4 and have had success flashing the example projects to the board using the Navigator and by dropping Hex files into the drive that appears on my windows 10 machine.

Following the getting started guide I've configured the IAR Debugger driver option to CMSIS DAP. I'm getting a cryptic "Fatal Error: Failed to connect to CPU Session aborted!" message when I attempt the "Download and Debug" operation.

I've tried the multiple reset options in the CMSIS DAP configuration window, I've ensured the flash loader is enabled, and attempted to do this through keil where I also encountered errors that I suspect have the same root cause.

I made sure to add the relevant packs/devices to my installations and the IAR project is configured to "ST BlueNRG-2" in the "general Options" tab.

I'm not sure what is wrong since all my configurations look right.

I enabled the log communication checkbox and captured the attached log.

It looks like the probe is being found but the wheels start to fall off when

"mar 5/14:34:14.724 ERROR :  ConnectToHardware(): Failed to create sigA2D object"

shows up.

I did some digging and haven't yet been able to find more information on what exactly this means. I've tried loading the firmware via a working process and using the "Debug without Downloading option" with identical results.

Has anyone else encountered this?

1 REPLY 1
pixel
Associate II

Hi,

I am using Keil to flash the board and get a strange behavior too.

It is possible to flash the board from Keil using CMSIS, but this seems to depend on the project flashed to the board before.

If I flash the "hello world" project from the "navigator", I can flash the "Multiple Connections" project from Keil afterwards. But only once.

Then I have to flash "hello world" project again.

MAGIC O.o