cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external circuit components needed to reliably connect USB voltage to an ADC input

FAdar.1
Associate II

Are additional external circuit components needed to reliably connect USB voltage to an ADC input, besides a voltage divider that brings 5V down to 3.3V?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @FAdar.1​ ,

The USB implementation is not the same for all STM32 products. So, the required hardware setup will depend on the product you selected.

There are several Hardware guidelines for USB implementation detailed in AN4879 that covers power setup, clock setting and several others.

Have a look to it, I believe it will help you. If you think that there are some missing details for this application note, just keep me informed so that it can be considered in a future update of this document.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @FAdar.1​ ,

The USB implementation is not the same for all STM32 products. So, the required hardware setup will depend on the product you selected.

There are several Hardware guidelines for USB implementation detailed in AN4879 that covers power setup, clock setting and several others.

Have a look to it, I believe it will help you. If you think that there are some missing details for this application note, just keep me informed so that it can be considered in a future update of this document.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.