cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to built a beacon net to localize a smartphone thanks the advertising sent by the beacon. I need of a small ble solution with a good coverade range. So i'd like to know if the STEVAL-BCN002V1B can be used in this way and how much is its range.

ASpar.1
Associate II

i need of stm documentations about distance range.

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @ASpar.1​ ,

you may find useful this application note.

It describes an application involving wireless Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) communication between wearable nodes based on the BlueNRG-1 or BlueNRG-2 systems on chip.

-Eleon

thank you. I had already seen this document. The problem is that the power to which these devices transmit is not indicated, therefore with the measured RSSI value, I cannot get an idea of ​​how far and intensely these devices are able to transmit. If they were set to -65 dbm and I measured -69, at a distance of two meters, as reported, it would be excellent, but if instead 0 dbm was set as Tx power, it would not be so great.

I need for an indoor localization system so i should have an idea about this.

Hi @ASpar.1​ ,

you may find more info on the tx rx power oand other device characteristics on the chip datasheets, e.g. the BlueNRG-2 one.

I found also an interesting paper here on this application.

As side note, for the indoor navigation you could also consider the use of a pressure sensor (such as the LPS22HH) that can give you an accurate estimation on the height inside a building.

-Eleon