cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use the latest version of IAR to compile the standard peripheral library, get some faults.

Xwang.41
Associate II

IAR version is 9.10.1, the lib version is 1.5.0 for F0 device. The IAR expose a lot of faults about "core_cm0.h". I do not change anything, just open the project file under "EWARM", then compile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Xwang.4​ ,

In fact, this issue also appears when I used old release EWARM 8.50.6 and it’s caused by wrong path to core_cm0.h file.

Could you please try the following steps and let me know if that fixes your issue ?

• Open the project template using EWARM v9.10.1
  • From project options -> C/C++ compiler add the following path:

\Project repository\STM32F0xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.5.0\Libraries\CMSIS\Include

0693W000008w8SGQAY.png 

• Build the project

Note: the project in "STM32F0xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.5.0" package was developed using an old IDE version (EWARM V7.30.3)

If this solves your problem, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be very helpful for Community users to find this solution more quickly.

If you still need help, feel free to ask your question in more detail.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ozone
Lead

I never tried the SPL examples with IAR.

However, the CMSIS headers like core_cm0.h contain specific defines for several different toolchains.

You might need to set the IAR-specific define (__ICCARM__) on project level.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Xwang.4​ and welcome to the STM32 Community =)

Can you please provide me with the project you are using, so that I can reproduce the error on my side?

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @Xwang.4​ ,

In fact, this issue also appears when I used old release EWARM 8.50.6 and it’s caused by wrong path to core_cm0.h file.

Could you please try the following steps and let me know if that fixes your issue ?

• Open the project template using EWARM v9.10.1
  • From project options -> C/C++ compiler add the following path:

\Project repository\STM32F0xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.5.0\Libraries\CMSIS\Include

0693W000008w8SGQAY.png 

• Build the project

Note: the project in "STM32F0xx_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.5.0" package was developed using an old IDE version (EWARM V7.30.3)

If this solves your problem, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be very helpful for Community users to find this solution more quickly.

If you still need help, feel free to ask your question in more detail.

Imen

Thanks
Imen

Thanks, it can be compiled correctly.