cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I import a BSP driver into STMCUBE IDE?

ZHama.1
Associate II

I’m very new to STM32 development so bear with me if this is a simple question. I’m trying to use an L476RG Nucleo and X-Nucleo-ihm03a1 powerSTEP01 board to control stepper motors.I’ve downloaded X-CUBE-SPN3 Driver software expansion for STM32Cube and have skimmed the following manual

the example projects only support toolchains EWARM, MDK-ARM and SW4STM32. Theres a number of files that came with the X-CUBE-SPN3 download, which files are the right driver files and how do I import them into an STMCUBEIDE project?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @ZHama.1​  and welcome to the ST Community.

I confirm: the SW4STM32 - System Workbench toolchain - is compliant with STM32CubeIDE.

The X-CUBE-SPN3 is compatible with the NUCLEO-F401RE, NUCLEO-F030R8, NUCLEO-F334R8 and NUCLEO-L053R8 boards.

I suggest to import one of available projects and make changes according your STM32 part number (NUCLEO-L476RG with STM32L476RG).

The path is ...\STM32CubeExpansion_SPN3_V1.6.0\Projects\Multi\Examples\MotionControl\IHM03A1_ExampleFor1Motor\SW4STM32

(if you want to drive a single motor otherwise you can choose IHM03A1_ExampleFor2Motor or IHM03A1_ExampleFor3Motor).

Let me know if these info are useful to you, if yes please "Select as Best" button to close the topic.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Rely on SW4STM32 data which are STM32CubeIDE compliant.

If STM32CubeIDE just rely on File > Open Project From File System. Provide path up to SW4STM32 folder at min (next level - most probably target device name - is even better)

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @ZHama.1​  and welcome to the ST Community.

I confirm: the SW4STM32 - System Workbench toolchain - is compliant with STM32CubeIDE.

The X-CUBE-SPN3 is compatible with the NUCLEO-F401RE, NUCLEO-F030R8, NUCLEO-F334R8 and NUCLEO-L053R8 boards.

I suggest to import one of available projects and make changes according your STM32 part number (NUCLEO-L476RG with STM32L476RG).

The path is ...\STM32CubeExpansion_SPN3_V1.6.0\Projects\Multi\Examples\MotionControl\IHM03A1_ExampleFor1Motor\SW4STM32

(if you want to drive a single motor otherwise you can choose IHM03A1_ExampleFor2Motor or IHM03A1_ExampleFor3Motor).

Let me know if these info are useful to you, if yes please "Select as Best" button to close the topic.

Hi @ZHama.1​ ,

any news about your project progress?

ZHama.1
Associate II

Ha yes, looking back this question is ridculously straight forward.