cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After CubeMx 6.2.0 upgrade and firmware to STM32F373VCTx also updated, my project presents error message after generating the code

AFerr.1
Associate II

After CubeMx 6.2.0 upgrade and firmware to STM32F373VCTx also updated, the CODE GENERATION of my project presents the message:

"The Code is successfully generated under : (...)     but TrueSTUDIOproject generation have a problem."

Compiling de project in Atollic TueStudio generates linking error.

The reason is than CubeMX included two versions of the "system_stm32f3xx.c" in the project that definitely did not occur with previous versions.

Deleting one of the files allows linking, but this must be done manualy.

It is really annoying and impairs firmware development cycle.

11 REPLIES 11

Hello @AFerr.1​ ,

Thanks for your feedback. If I recapitulate the problem, so you have an old project and when you migrate to the latest STM32CubeMX version, you get an error message after the Code Generation. Please correct me if I misunderstood.

Actually, following those steps I can't reproduce the issue: No error message is displayed after the code generation and checking the project folder there is only one version of system_stm32f3xx.c.

Could you please attach your .ioc file to check from my side. Also, the STM32CubeMX.log file that you'll find under C:\Users\...\.stm32cubemx directory may reveal something about this misbehavior.

I'll be waiting for your updates,

Khouloud.

Hello

See attached the requested files, hope you can catch the bug with them.

About the duplicated *system_stm32f3xx.c* file: one copy is created in

*\Core\Src* folder and the other in

*\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F3xx\Source\Templates.*

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

Eng. Affonso E. B. Ferro.

Em seg., 8 de mar. de 2021 às 12:33, ST Community <

community@st.com

>

escreveu:

Hi @AFerr.1​ ,

Thanks for your reply, but you may not correctly attach the files. Please make sure you're using the right tool:

0693W000008wK4GQAU.jpg

AFerr.1
Associate II

Hello

I replied via email and attached files to it, thought it would work.

Anyway, here they go.

Thank you.

AFerr.1
Associate II

AFerr.1
Associate II

Hi @AFerr.1​ ,

Thanks for those inputs, but I'm always unable to reproduce the issue from my side. Using the .ioc you have attached, the system_stm32f3xx.c file is generated only once. Also, the .log file doesn't reveal a big thing about the root cause of the problem.

What I recommend in this case, and considering that the updates to Atollic TrueSTUDIO are discontinued since 2017, the use of the STM32CubeIDE tool.

STM32CubeIDE includes the most advanced TrueSTUDIO features and bug fixes that contribute to a simplified process with project features and import guide documentation.

Please try with STM32CubeIDE toolchain and check if the problem is resolved.

Hope it works for you, otherwise do not hesitate to share your feedback.

Khouloud.

OK, I intended to migrate to the new IDE soon, maybe this is the opportunity.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

HI!

Glad to inform you that with the new CubeIDE Environment the problem disappeared.

The not-so-good side of migration is that everything looks much slower in this IDE, specially rebuilding a project.

Any clues?

Thanks a lot.