cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug for MPU LL code generation for H755]

Marco.D
Associate II

I am using CubeIDE Version: 1.6.0 Build: 9614_20210223_1703 (UTC) to initialise the MPU as it is done for the TCP_Echoserver, however the LL resulting code does not set the LL_MPU_TEX_LEVEL1 bit for the second region

0693W000008w0bjQAA.pngGenerated code:

/* MPU Configuration */

void MPU_Config(void)
{

/* Disables the MPU */
  LL_MPU_Disable();
  /** Initializes and configures the Region and the memory to be protected
  */
  LL_MPU_ConfigRegion(LL_MPU_REGION_NUMBER0, 0x0, 0x30000000, LL_MPU_REGION_SIZE_256B|LL_MPU_REGION_FULL_ACCESS|LL_MPU_INSTRUCTION_ACCESS_ENABLE|LL_MPU_ACCESS_NOT_SHAREABLE|LL_MPU_ACCESS_NOT_CACHEABLE|LL_MPU_ACCESS_BUFFERABLE);
  LL_MPU_EnableRegion(LL_MPU_REGION_NUMBER0);
  /** Initializes and configures the Region and the memory to be protected
  */
  LL_MPU_ConfigRegion(LL_MPU_REGION_NUMBER1, 0x0, 0x30004000, LL_MPU_REGION_SIZE_16KB|LL_MPU_REGION_FULL_ACCESS|LL_MPU_INSTRUCTION_ACCESS_ENABLE|LL_MPU_ACCESS_SHAREABLE|LL_MPU_ACCESS_NOT_CACHEABLE|LL_MPU_ACCESS_NOT_BUFFERABLE);
  LL_MPU_EnableRegion(LL_MPU_REGION_NUMBER1);
  /* Enables the MPU */
  LL_MPU_Enable(LL_MPU_CTRL_PRIVILEGED_DEFAULT);

}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Community member​ ,

Thanks for your feedback. I've been able to reproduce the issue from my side and I will report it internally to be reviewed by the development team.

I will keep you posted with updates.

Even though this reply doesn’t directly solve the issue, I’m marking it as Best, since it will help clarify the current situation for other customers with the same question. I will post an update here once the issue has been fixed

Thanks for your contribution.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Community member​ ,

Thanks for your feedback. I've been able to reproduce the issue from my side and I will report it internally to be reviewed by the development team.

I will keep you posted with updates.

Even though this reply doesn’t directly solve the issue, I’m marking it as Best, since it will help clarify the current situation for other customers with the same question. I will post an update here once the issue has been fixed

Khouloud.

Hello Khouloud,

can you also check for the STM32H735G-DK?

For this device, with the same settings, the CubeMX doesn't seem to generate any code for the MPU at all, neither in LL nor in HAL.

Regards,

Marco

Sorry, don't know what happened but now it works (with the same bug as above)

Hi @Khouloud OTHMAN,

Is there a fix for this issue planned?

I could not find anything related amongh the issues reported on github

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello,

This issue is fixed in STM32CubeMX latest release.

V6.6.0 is now available under this Link.

Sara.