cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC/ HID card readers

SPrak.1
Associate II

I am looking for NFC and HID card readers, I can't find the chip by surfing on site. I need help from the ST support team in finding the perfect reader for my application.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

We are very sorry, but STMicroelectronics does not support LF RFID.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You can find HID card readers on the website of its manufacturer, the company HID.

STMicroelectronics provides the devices you can use to build NFC readers yourself. All relevant information can be found on its website.

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SPrak.1
Associate II

Hi,

I want to build a system to read any type of cards like 13.56 MHz and 125kHz cards. One chip can support to read both cards with all types of tags?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

STMicroelectronics does not offer a single chip solution for RFID and NFC. You would need to combine reader systems for each frequency range, i.e. for 125...134kHz, 13.56MHz and maybe UHF tags.

Regards

/Peter

SPrak.1
Associate II

What could be the best option for my requirement? any suggestions for STMicroelectronics?

STMicroelectronics focuses on NFC (13.56MHz) and UHF (860...960MHz). You could check the portfolio of readers for 13.56MHz, especially ST25R3911B, ST25R3912, ST25R3916 and ST25R3917 might be useful for your application.

Regards

/Peter

SPrak.1
Associate II

Hi Peter,

We have a client with encrypted 125kHz RFID cards, we would like to know how to read the encrypted cards if we get the encryption key?

Also would like to clarify if the data that is read on the encrypted card will require any additional tweaking on the software part?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

We are very sorry, but STMicroelectronics does not support LF RFID.

Regards

/Peter