cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a FreeRTOS demo program, using STM32CubeMX to set up, for: STM3240G-EVAL - EVAL with STM32F407IG MCU or STM32L476G-EVAL with STM32L476ZGT6 or STM32F429IDISCOVERY with STM32F429ZIT6 Any help appreciated

gerhard
Associate II

I want to use STM32CubeMX to set upany of these eval boards, with FreeRTOS enabled, to create FreeRTOS code for testig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @gerhard​ ,

There is no .ioc working project for FreeRTOS.

There is a rich set of FreeRTOS applications useful for your case with STM32cube packages that use HAL library and configured for different toolchains: EWARM, MDK-ARM, SW4STM32. 

Try to pick the one suitable for the device and board you are using and start from it:

• STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.2\Projects\STM324xG_EVAL\Applications\FreeRTOS
  • STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.16.0\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.16.0\Projects\STM32L476G-EVAL\Applications\FreeRTOS

To start with STM32CubeMx, I advise you to refer to the "FreeRTOS" section in the UM1718 STM32CubeMx user Manual.

Have a look also to the UM1722 User manual about "Developing Applications on STM32Cube with RTOS", this will help you on FreeRTOS configuration.

Please mark my answer as the best by clicking the "Select as best" button if it helped you. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @gerhard​ ,

There is no .ioc working project for FreeRTOS.

There is a rich set of FreeRTOS applications useful for your case with STM32cube packages that use HAL library and configured for different toolchains: EWARM, MDK-ARM, SW4STM32. 

Try to pick the one suitable for the device and board you are using and start from it:

• STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.2\Projects\STM324xG_EVAL\Applications\FreeRTOS
  • STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.16.0\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.16.0\Projects\STM32L476G-EVAL\Applications\FreeRTOS

To start with STM32CubeMx, I advise you to refer to the "FreeRTOS" section in the UM1718 STM32CubeMx user Manual.

Have a look also to the UM1722 User manual about "Developing Applications on STM32Cube with RTOS", this will help you on FreeRTOS configuration.

Please mark my answer as the best by clicking the "Select as best" button if it helped you. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
gerhard
Associate II

Thanks,

Very helpful information.