cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G0/G4 Accessory Debug Mode Firmware: Is it supported/ implemented within the USB PD firmware?

FaikN
Associate II

I have been using STM32G MCUs with USB PD Sink or Source application. Right now, I want to implement Debug Accessory Mode in either STM32G0 or G4 MCUs with SInk USB PD Application. Hence, i would like to use USB-C cable SBU and Data lines for MCU flashing.

When i created an example project and inspected the firmware, i found out that the SNK_ACCESORY is not defined and it is not within and cinfig file, even though i checked the box of CAD Debug within CubeIDE. When i inspected further, i found out in usbpd_def.h that the CAD_AccesorySupport is commented as not yet implemented. I would like to see if i can implement the Debug Accesory Mode by manually defining the SNK_ACCESSORY.

What are the steps i need to follow to implement this mode within STM PD3 Stack? Is there any further example project i can follow from one of these MCUs for Debug Accessory Mode application?

2 REPLIES 2

Cross posted https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000cRag6SAC/stm32g0g4-accessory-debug-mode-firmware-is-it-supported-implemented-within-the-usb-pd-firmware

Add multiple tags for visibility in different sub-forums

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
FaikN
Associate II

yeah my mistake, added to USB-PD tagged sub-forum. will delete this one.