Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install ST-Link-server and "File-> New -> STM32 Project" kills the IDE

warm38
Associate III

trying to install ST-Link-server with STM32CubeIDE and by itself, I get:

Windows Installer msiexec /i "C:\...\st-link-server" and this pops up

The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. <OK>

I've been having some issues with the Windows Installer Service as of late. I've gone though all of the Microsoft directions and I have verified that is is up and running. I've been rebooting 2-4 times a day to fix this problem.

So how do I get the "source for this product"? (like that would even help)

What started my trying to re install STM32CubeIDE, is when I try File -> New -> STM32 Project, the whole IDE disappears. That just isn't good for my projects not to mention my nerves and blood pressure.

3 REPLIES 3
LaurentL
ST Employee

Hi,

You must have admin rights to install it.

Install latest STM32CubeIde (v1.6.0) and stlink server will be installed directly.

Are you using a VM ?

If yes, maybe try to adjust settings to be able to install and run STM32CubeIde properly (enough ram or other settings).

Rgds,

Laurent

warm38
Associate III

I am the admin and there is no VM. It is a 64-bit i7 running Win 7. I've done the msiexec unregister/register on system32 and syswow64.

I know this is not a Windows forum, I was just hoping to find a way to start a new project and debug my code (I think Billy Gates hates me).

warm38
Associate III

I downloaded 1.6.0, "just in case", but I think st-link-server will have the same problem even though it says I need access to the source -- like that would make a difference to an install.