cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STC3117 system integration

ALomb
Senior

Application note AN4870 (architecture overview) refers to "Charger IC" connected to microcontroller via I2C and to STC3117 via CD.

Can you indicate a suitable Charger IC ?

My project is a "true" capacity tester for single Li-Ion cell (18650). Do you think the STC3117 is a correct choice?

3 REPLIES 3
Winfred LU
ST Employee

STC3117 is a gas gauge IC.

For charger IC, you may consider STBC02, STBC03, STBC08 based on the charging current.

ALomb
Senior

@Winfred LU​ ,

the MIKROE-3049 board (from ST site) uses STBC08 and STC3100.

My question is: can I use it to make a battery capacity tester ?

My intention is to add an electronic load for the discharge phase. A microcontroller (for example a STM32G0) manages the charging and discharging phases and read from STC3100 the data.

Otherwise, as described @Gregory Go.​ in STC3117_vs_STC3115_comparison, I could use the pair STC3115 and RT9532 (MIKROE-3741 and MIKROE-3748) ?

I would like to assemble the necessary hardware with ready-to-use boards and do the software development first.

> can I use it to make a battery capacity tester ?

Yes you can.

> My intention is to add an electronic load for the discharge phase. A microcontroller (for example a STM32G0) manages the charging and discharging phases and read from STC3100 the data.

For battery monitoring (gas gauge), STC3100, STC3115, or STC3117 can be used.

For battery charging, STBC02, STBC03, or STBC08 can be used.

> I would like to assemble the necessary hardware with ready-to-use boards and do the software development first.

MIKROE-3049 board (Charger 2 click) can be a good start.

The product is made by the ST's partner, and the software package is also supported.

https://www.mikroe.com/charger-2-click