cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to complete build of project STM32H7B3I-DK

Arno1
Senior

I'm trying to build the SBSFU project for board STM32H7B3I-DK (2_Images_ExtFlash) but am unable to. Everything does build fine but it fails on the last step, the postbuild.sh step, at prepareimage.py enc.

I'm using STM32CubeIDE 1.5.1 on Linux

This is the error I get:

arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary "UserApp.elf" "../../UserApp.bin"
arm-none-eabi-size "UserApp.elf"
   text	   data	    bss	    dec	    hex	filename
  19680	    160	   2856	  22696	   58a8	UserApp.elf
"../../../../2_Images_SECoreBin/STM32CubeIDE/postbuild.sh" "../.." "./UserApp.elf" "../../UserApp.bin" "1" "1"
prepareimage with python script
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "STM32CubeExpansion_SBSFU_V2.4.0/Middlewares/ST/STM32_Secure_Engine/Utilities/KeysAndImages/prepareimage.py", line 861, in <module>
    args()
  File "STM32CubeExpansion_SBSFU_V2.4.0/Middlewares/ST/STM32_Secure_Engine/Utilities/KeysAndImages/prepareimage.py", line 858, in args
    subcmds[args.subcmd](args)
  File "STM32CubeExpansion_SBSFU_V2.4.0/Middlewares/ST/STM32_Secure_Engine/Utilities/KeysAndImages/prepareimage.py", line 150, in do_encrypt
    encrypted , signature , nonce_used = key.encrypt(payload, address, nonce)
  File "STM32CubeExpansion_SBSFU_V2.4.0/Middlewares/ST/STM32_Secure_Engine/Utilities/KeysAndImages/keys.py", line 102, in encrypt
    inarr = numpy.asarray(list(payload), numpy.int8).reshape(-1, 16)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/numpy/core/numeric.py", line 538, in asarray
    return array(a, dtype, copy=False, order=order)
ValueError: invalid literal for long() with base 10: ''
python STM32CubeExpansion_SBSFU_V2.4.0/Middlewares/ST/STM32_Secure_Engine/Utilities/KeysAndImages/prepareimage.py enc -k ../../../../2_Images_SECoreBin/STM32CubeIDE/../Binary/OEM_KEY_COMPANY1_key_AES_CTR.bin -n ../../../../2_Images_SECoreBin/STM32CubeIDE/../Binary/nonce.bin -a 0x09000040 ../../UserApp.bin ../../../Binary/UserApp.sfu : failed
make[1]: *** [makefile:90: post-build] Error 1
make: *** [makefile:56: all] Error 2
"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

(some paths truncated)

There is no nonce.bin in Projects/STM32H7B3I-DK/Applications/2_Images_ExtFlash/2_Images_SECoreBin/Binary but after adding the one from 2_Images (without ExtFlash) I get the same error.

Best regards,

Arno

1 REPLY 1
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello Arno,

I tried to reproduce the issue on a Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with same version of STM32CubeIDE.

I could see 2 issued while building the loader:

1- Need to change '\' by '/' in the ld file path in the properties

2- Need to activate the VFP also in properties

After that all when well until UserApp build.

One possible reason for your issue is the too long path where the package is installed.

Best regards

Jocelyn