cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L1X Long-distance Ranging sensor: I have planned to integrate this sensor into my board. How is the I/O supply of 1.8V (standard mode) generated internally from the AVDD supply? Will there be any issue when I provide 2.9V (or) 3.3V supply to AVDD?

MM.11
Associate

On my board, I have two supply options within the permissible range of this sensor (2.6~3.5V) i.e. 2.9V & 3.3V. Will there be any switching noise coupling to the power supply due to the ranging operation of the sensor? Are there any recommendations to mitigate noise coupling?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I don't know how the power is generated - only that it is and there are no issues.

The sensor creates it's own voltages internally from what you give it.

I've not heard of any complaints about noise coupling.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I don't know how the power is generated - only that it is and there are no issues.

The sensor creates it's own voltages internally from what you give it.

I've not heard of any complaints about noise coupling.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.