cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Experts of ST community, I have mems mic and stm32f4xx nucleo board and collected the pcm format data in a log files. Now my query is how to convert them into .WAV format ? and How to validate the the values are exactly accurate?

SG.4
Associate II

Can someone help me figuring out how do we conclude the obtain pcm values are accurate and can there be any references to validate it and test it back?

Any suggestions please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ozone
Lead

> ...how to convert them into .WAV format ?

WAV is a simple container format. There are many good libraries available, like portaudio, asoundlib, alsa, or bass.

I would do that on PC side, but you could port one of those libs to the MCU if you like.

> ... and How to validate the the values are exactly accurate?

Specify "exactly accurate".

Sound is differential air pressure. Unless you can produce an exact quantity of this non-electrical unit, there is no "exactly accurate".

You can record with a reference system, and compare both recordings.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ozone
Lead

> ...how to convert them into .WAV format ?

WAV is a simple container format. There are many good libraries available, like portaudio, asoundlib, alsa, or bass.

I would do that on PC side, but you could port one of those libs to the MCU if you like.

> ... and How to validate the the values are exactly accurate?

Specify "exactly accurate".

Sound is differential air pressure. Unless you can produce an exact quantity of this non-electrical unit, there is no "exactly accurate".

You can record with a reference system, and compare both recordings.