Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong default RAM addresses for ETH code generation on STM32H735

JBoec.1
Associate II

STM32CubeMX 6.2.0

STM32CubeH7 1.9.0

STM32H735IG

I found a minor bug configuring the ETH section for the STM32H735 in Cube MX. The default RAM adresses for the descriptors and the RX buffer are 0x30040060, 0x30040000 and 0x30040200 which are in the "Reserved" area on this chip series. To change this value to 0x30000000 and onward, checking needs to be disabled on these input fields.

In the LwIP section, the value for LWIP_RAM_HEAP_POINTER in the Key Options section also has a wrong default value, but it can be changed without disabling checking.

Default values in ETH section 0693W000007ZjQMQA0.pngMemory map from RM04680693W000007ZjPdQAK.png 

Default values in LWIP section0693W000007ZjPxQAK.pngEdit: added captions to images

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @JBoec.1​ ,

Thanks for your feedback, I see your point and I will bring it up to the STM32CubeMX development team to do the modification needed in order to match the memory mapping in the Reference Manual.

Thank you for your contribution.

Even though this reply doesn’t directly solve the issue, I’m marking it as Best, since it will help clarify the current situation for other customers with the same question. I will post an update here once the issue has been fixed 

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @JBoec.1​ ,

Thanks for your feedback, I see your point and I will bring it up to the STM32CubeMX development team to do the modification needed in order to match the memory mapping in the Reference Manual.

Thank you for your contribution.

Even though this reply doesn’t directly solve the issue, I’m marking it as Best, since it will help clarify the current situation for other customers with the same question. I will post an update here once the issue has been fixed 

Khouloud.