cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Error Message when using CMSIS 5.7 with STM CubeIDE during Code Generation after Update to CubeIDE 1.6.0

CBerg
Senior

I get a strange Error Message during the Code-Generation Process in STM CubeIDE for a STM32F4 target:

0693W000007ZhaFQAS.pngThe Details: I am using STM CubeIDE for an embedded Project with an STM32F405 Microcontroller and I have added the CMSIS Package 5.7.0 to the project, because i need some of the DSP functions. I have allready done this before and never experienced such an error message.

The message pops up during the Code-Generation process, after changing something in the Hardware-Setup with the (built in) CubeMX. It occurs two times during the Code Generation process. I can click on "OK" and it does NOT interrupt the Code Generation process, which seems to finish successfully. I can also compile the project without errors and it seems to work ok.

The Question: Even though it seems to work properly, I'd like to know: what is this, where does it come from, and what can I do to solve this? I'm affraid that might lead to some unpleasant sleeping bugs or other nasty stuff ...

Has anyone experienced anything simlilar and has an explanation or even a solution for this?

I have recently update to CubeIDE 1.6.0 - maybe this is a Bug in CubeIDE and not in CMSIS?

What I've done: I tried to google that, with the keywords: "SliDtzliTZ&" and the "LogicalParser:syntax error detected in expression for ARM.CMSIS.5.7.0" but did not get any usefull results. So I'm completely in the dark what's going on and where I could search for a solution ...

Thank you in advance, Chris

Note: previously also posted on https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66409852

1 REPLY 1
PKut.1
Associate

I can confirm the problem is present for CMSIS 5.8.0 and CubeMX 6.2.1. Also after installing CMSIS 5.8.0 CubeMX started to freeze on "Generating user code" step. When "keep user code while regenerating" option is disabled, the generation works fine, but it's a huge pain to merge user code by hand.

Any plans to fix this bug (or better - update CMSIS inside ST firmware packages, so that DSP and FPU work out-of-the-box on STM32F4), ST?