Mick P. F.
Senior

Hello,

Few days ago I updated STM32Cube software to:

STM32CubeMX            6.2.0

STM32CubeIDE           1.6.0

STM32CubeH7 repository 1.9.0

and I am struggling with old errors and shortcomings in the STM32CubeMX:

1. When editing the "User label" field, in which something is already entered, the software sometimes starts to spin: It reverses the order of the letters, does not allow any changes, and when you save, the nonsense in the field is saved also.
  2. Even if there are valid values ​​in the "Clock Generator" when changes are made, they are marked and treated as invalid (see attachment "Wongly Invalid Clocks").
  3. When I create a new STM32 project, sometimes the input frequency for HSE is 8 MHz and sometimes other values ​​(4 MHz, 25 Mhz), although I always create the projects in the same way (starting with board selection). That makes you feel insecure because you don't know what's right. What frequency does the CPU get in the NUCLEO-H743ZI2 board?
  4. When "playing" with the dividers in the "Clock Generator", too many decimal places are displayed so that you can no longer see the places before the decimal point! Here you could limit the output to 3 decimal places. I should be enough in most cases. (see attachment "Too many decimals").
  5. When "playing" with the dividers in the "Clock Generator", some fields often appear red (invalid). When you press "Resolve Clock Issues" the resolution runs endlessly, even if the solution is often very simple. Perhaps the algorithm is not programmed properly here.

Kind Regards,

Michael

4 REPLIES 4
ADmit.2
Associate II

Good day to all!

A similar story ... yesterday, 02/27/2021, the STM32CubeIDE updated. Now there is no way to edit the settings of projects that were generated earlier, namely CubeMX hangs when you click on the generate button! This problem manifests itself both on the home computer and on the work one! What is the problem? Respectfully!

After the project migration, the program hangs! This happened after the last update !!! What shall I do???

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Mick P. F.​ ,

Thanks for your feedback, could you please share your ioc file to check your case?

Khouloud

Mick P. F.
Senior

Hello Khouloud,

I don't know, what do you hope to find in this ioc file, but you'll find it in the attachment.

Germans say as a joke: The fault is not in the computer, but in front of the computer!

Is it your goal?

Michael