cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am using STM8 DIscovery. I wish to connect my own LCD for different application. Can anyone tell, if the mounted LCD is detachable? Or any process to connect external LCD?

AKUMA.2
Associate II

I tried conection my LCD with the available header but the mounted LCD and my LCD and showing half half character.

Thanks

Ajeet

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Yes, of course you can remove the segment LCD from the STM8A-DISCOVERY or from the STM8L-DISCOVERY, as both use the LCD in DIP-28 on socket.

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Hi, Thank you for the answer.
However, do we need to desolder?
Or, can we just pull out the LCD from the Socket?
Regards
Ajeet
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

No need to desolder, the LCD can be pulled out of the socket.

Please be very careful, however, as the spring contacts of the socket are quite tight and can hold onto the LCD pins like a barb.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.