cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with STM32CubeIDE file indexing on Dual Core STM32H7 Project.

HHuyn.15
Associate II

I'm having issue configuring STM32CubeIDE to properly index the include files on a STM32H7 dual core project.

Essentially I created a project using CubeMX v6.2.0. After the project is created I use STM32CubeIDE to build the project. Everything seems to build fine.

While looking at the code, I notice that the IDE seems to think that "STM32H755xx" is defined and therefore gray out the line "#include stm32h755xx.h".

This is not true because "STM32H755xx" is defined in the "Paths and Symbols" section of the project properties.

(see the attached image).

I can't seem to be able to tell the IDE otherwise.

The project is built and seem to run properly. However this is very unsettling as I want to trust that my IDE won't try mislead me while I' reading the code.

Please help me figure out a way to configure STM32CubeIDE file indexing to correct this issue.

Thank you.

(I have the same issue with the previous version of CubeMX. I upgraded my CubeMX to the latest hoping that the issue is resolved)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Guess I've understood your issue here.

You don't have proper highlight because file you're looking at is not part of your project. Part of your resources but not part of project.

Playing with complex target device (multi cpu here) you are exposed to a hierarchical project structure. You have a top most project which is not a CDT (C/C++) project but kind of repository to host x2 (one per cpu suffixed so _CM4 & _CM7) C/C++ projects.

Let's look at such snapshot0693W000007ZdqnQAC.jpg 

Your're looking at file located at (1). Such is "common" to both C/C++ projects but hosted as part of top most project. This way Eclipse + CDT are not able to run properly file indexer on. Such feature is only working within same project context.

I've got try to copy (1) to (2) so from top most repository to CM4 dedicated project. Let's look at ... editor is promoting expected highlight then.

Some drawback so of code dupes prevention I guess ...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Guess I've understood your issue here.

You don't have proper highlight because file you're looking at is not part of your project. Part of your resources but not part of project.

Playing with complex target device (multi cpu here) you are exposed to a hierarchical project structure. You have a top most project which is not a CDT (C/C++) project but kind of repository to host x2 (one per cpu suffixed so _CM4 & _CM7) C/C++ projects.

Let's look at such snapshot0693W000007ZdqnQAC.jpg 

Your're looking at file located at (1). Such is "common" to both C/C++ projects but hosted as part of top most project. This way Eclipse + CDT are not able to run properly file indexer on. Such feature is only working within same project context.

I've got try to copy (1) to (2) so from top most repository to CM4 dedicated project. Let's look at ... editor is promoting expected highlight then.

Some drawback so of code dupes prevention I guess ...

Very interesting! What you described is indeed my issue. I'm glad that copying the common files (1) onto the specific project (2) work for you.

I have tried a similar method. However, in my case, I created a linked folder from (2) to (1). However that didn't work. It seems like copying those files might be the only way to go.

HHuyn.15
Associate II

I guess duplicating the common files in the sub-project is the only way to go for now.