cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving project from 1 processor to another.

Scott Dev
Senior

Hi

I have a project where I have a ST32L433Vx 100 pin 256K memory and 64K ram. I am using a display and as I need a lot of memory I have to upgrade. I am looking for a drop in chip and found the STML452VETx which is 512K and 160K ram. I looked at the pins and all look the same. I am not using low power as runs from a 5v USB supply.

My project only uses the cube for initialization and the USB Client. Am I right in thinking that the only things I would have to change are:

1. The initialization code the cube generates and the relevant USB files.
  2. The linker files for extending the size of memory.

Looking into my project I see the files are smt3232l4xx_hal etc. Does this mean I can use the same files without modification , so I wouldnt have to carry out No. 1 above. I would just have to alter No.2

I already have the boards and would only like to change the software slightly. I would put both chips speed to exactly the same, so hopefully doing the above would solve my issue.

Best Regards

Scott

1 REPLY 1
KnarfB
Principal III

If the project was STM32CubeMX generated, it has a feature List compatible MCUs (Alt+L) carefully hidden in the pinout drop-down menu. I would use source control (git) to check the differences. If that's too late in your project, I would create 2 dummy projects for the MCUs and compare.

hth

KnarfB