cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSPI Flashing in IAR EWARM

IFyal.1
Associate

Hello,

I am working on a project that wants to store pre-built binary files in the OSPI on the STM32L562E-DK. I am using all of the default jumper settings for the board. When I build my project in IAR EWARM 8.50.9 and then try to program the device via the onboard ST-LinkV3, it hangs after programming internal flash. If I disable the OSPI flashing algorithm in the IAR IDE then everything programs correctly.

I can program the hex file built by my project using STM32CubeProgrammer, but I would like to have this work in the IAR IDE itself. Does anyone have an idea of what may be wrong here?

I have attached a simple project that creates some data in the OSPI memory region that can be used to replicate this issue.

Hardware:

STM32L562E-DK

Software:

STM32Cube 6.1

STM32CubeProgrammer 2.6.0

ST-LinkV3 Firmware Version V3J7M3

IAR EWARM 8.50.9

Thanks in advance,

Ian

1 REPLY 1
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi IFyal.1 ,

If I understand correctly you are facing a problem to program using OSPI only with Ewarm (IAR) but it works fine with CubeProgrammer?

If that is the case I am attaching the patch for EWARM that contains the flasher for OSPI (FlashSTM32L562E-DK_OSPI.out) and it should enable you to program your OSPI on STM32L562E-DK. You just need to install it.

Next step will be to help locate the problem with your code.

I will wait for your feedbacks to see if this works for you.

-Imen