cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCC on ST-Link devices to power the target board

MSori.1
Associate II

I have one ST-Link/V2 and one ST-Link/V2 ISOL and I experience following difference which I did not expect:

• ST-Link/V2 provides 3.3V to power the target's µC on PIN 1 of the flat ribbon cable
  • ST-Link/V2 ISOL does NOT provide 3.3V on that pin with the same configuration used in ST-Link utility

Is this by design, that intentionally the ISOL variant does not provide the 3.3V output or is there anyhow the possibility to recofigure the device to also provide the target power?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MSori.1
Associate II

@Community member​: Okay solved. I mixed it up with PIN 19, which really provides 3.3V on non-ISOL only according to ST-Link User Manual.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

>>ST-Link/V2 provides 3.3V to power the target's µC on PIN 1 of the flat ribbon cable

No, in the authentic devices it expects YOUR TARGET to provide a voltage that the ST-LINK target side drivers/buffers should use as an IO level to communicate with the target.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MSori.1
Associate II

With "authentic" you mean "originally from ST"? I have one original from ST and I definitely can measure this voltage level at that pin. And it does not look like that someone from our own team have opened it in the past to implement this voltage supply.

MSori.1
Associate II

@Community member​: Okay solved. I mixed it up with PIN 19, which really provides 3.3V on non-ISOL only according to ST-Link User Manual.