cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the touchgfx screen refresh rate at 60Hz?

skullboyer
Associate II

Why is the touchgfx screen refresh rate 60Hz? Is this fixed? Or does it change automatically, or can it be set manually? If it can be changed, where is it located?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello skullboyer,

The refresh rate is not fixed to 60 Hz, it is simply a default value. The refresh rate does not depend on TouchGFX but on your actual screen. TouchGFX is only following it. Changing the refresh rate means changing the configuration of the display and in this case it is not directly linked to TouchGFX 😉

I think this article should be of interest to you.

/Alexandre

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello skullboyer,

The refresh rate is not fixed to 60 Hz, it is simply a default value. The refresh rate does not depend on TouchGFX but on your actual screen. TouchGFX is only following it. Changing the refresh rate means changing the configuration of the display and in this case it is not directly linked to TouchGFX 😉

I think this article should be of interest to you.

/Alexandre

Thank you for your reply.

You said the article I read, did not see where to say this 60hz frame rate how to modify. Can you tell me how to modify it and exactly where?

Also, the modified refresh rate has no effect on the frame rate, that is to say, they do not have any relationship.

Hello skullboyer,

To be on the same page, what are you calling refresh rate and frame rate ?

To me refresh rate is DISPLAY DEPENDENT and frame rate is TouchGFX dependent. If you want to change the refresh rate of your display, you need to look at the datasheet of your display and change some registers. This is usually done in the display driver. This is not TouchGFX related. I don't know what board, MCU or display you are using, so I cannot provide more information. Also, what are you exactly trying to do ? Lower frame rate ? Modify refresh rate ?

/Alexandre