cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H753AI SFI (Secure Firmware Install) questions?

IFrid.1
Associate

Hello community,

I have a few of questions regarding SFI:

1) Does STM32H753AI support SFI (Secure Firmware Install)?

2) Can I use SWD for the SFI?

3) Is there any recommended HSM smart card reader for the SFI?

Thank you 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @IFrid.1​ and welcome to the STM32 Community 😊,

1) Yes, STM32H753AI support SFI.

2) SWD can be used for SFI (SFI over JTAG is supported on STM32H7 series)

3) Let me check back with the expert team and I will come back to you with details.

I recommend you to refer to the AN4992 "Application note STM32 MCUs secure firmware install (SFI) overview", which provide an overview of the STM32 SFI solution with its associated tools ecosystem.

Hope my answer helps you.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @IFrid.1​ and welcome to the STM32 Community 😊,

1) Yes, STM32H753AI support SFI.

2) SWD can be used for SFI (SFI over JTAG is supported on STM32H7 series)

3) Let me check back with the expert team and I will come back to you with details.

I recommend you to refer to the AN4992 "Application note STM32 MCUs secure firmware install (SFI) overview", which provide an overview of the STM32 SFI solution with its associated tools ecosystem.

Hope my answer helps you.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi @IFrid.1​ ,

Currently, there is no HSM smart card reader recommended for SFI.

Imen

Thanks
Imen