cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Graph Hard Fault when touched

franck23
Senior

Hi,

It seems that there is a bug where a hard fault is triggered when dragging a finger on a dynamic graph area.

I have tested this behavior on an STM32F746G-DISCO as well as on a custom board with an H743.

In my case, the hard fault gets only triggered if there are enough objects on the screen and when the graph is not on the start screen. I guess it depends on the memory footprint.

I have increased the project heap and stack size to 4096 and Touchgfx heap size to 8192 with no changes.

I cannot see where the hard fault happens as it seems to be inside the TouchGfx library.

The attached code is for an STM32F746G-DISCO.

To reproduce the error, click on the central button to open screen2 with the graph is. Then drag a finger on the graph.

The other buttons and the custom container are not used, they are just here because the hard fault is not triggered without them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In 4.16.1, this issue was fixed though...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

This issue rings a bell, there might be another post on this issue. I will check if we have it in our backlog as well.

/Romain

franck23
Senior

Hi Romain,

Thanks for looking into it.

There is this post where MS.9 has a graph in a scrollable container:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000OQoIK/hardfault-with-dynamicgraph-in-a-scrollable-container

In my case, there is no scrollable container, but I would bet those 2 issues are linked.

Also, I just tested it using the simulator only, and it does crash. So the problem is not linked to hardware.

The crash happens only if the mouse is clicked and dragged (click only works fine).

In 4.16.1, this issue was fixed though...

franck23
Senior

I VSimu.1,

Yes, the initialization issue you found was fixed in 4.16.1.

I am 4.16.1now and I don't have the hard fault issue anymore.

Thanks.

good to hear that 👍

/Romain

Hi Romain,

If you have a few minutes, could you have a look at the issue with swipe not working on the graph area?

Problem #1 in the following topic:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000RPWtPSAX/touchgfx-graph-widget-on-top-of-swipe-container-is-hard-fault

Thanks.